Tuesday 20 March 2007

You Bet! and Ant and Dec!

Who would have thought Ant and Dec would use "You Bet" as the spring-board for their next crack at the USA. It was a great format and I'm sure given the "treatment" and cash of ABC in the USA it will find a new lease of life. Big shiny floor entertainment really isn't a trend anymore its a fact! And with one of the Daddy's of them all making it back to the screen a proven fact! Although in Germany YOu Bet has never been away, I think? It must be one of Germany's longest running shows.

You Bet is the show where a panel of 3 celebrity judges bet on various challenges in the studio and location. Get it right and they win and the money goes to charity. The percentages are effected by the audience voting on the out come. I'm sure the new version will be interactive in some way.

I directed 3 Series with the lovely Matthew Kelly Hosting. It was a great show for a director, a real challenge in its self. The pre recorded challenges were great. My favorite was a guy who said he could climb up the side of a hot air balloon and abseil back down to the basket, all at 3,000 feet. We used radio link cameras from on board the balloon so we could watch live from the ground, all good stuff!

I've put the only clip I could find on the Pod below unfortunately its is a negative review although tong in cheek!!

No comments:

Search

Google

About Me

My photo
I am 51, a father of three beautiful girls, a six year old and twins of three. I live in the wonderful county of Cambridge. And Rebecca has put up with me for seven years now!